Do you struggle with bad breath, multiple cavities, bleeding gum or headaches? If you answered yes to any of those. Keep reading…
My sister told me about oil pulling a while back and tried it for a while but not on a consistent basis. I know you are wondering “What in the world is oil pulling.” Don’t worry I will give you the 101 scoop.
Oil pulling is an ancient holistic dental care practice practiced in Ayurveda medicine and other cultures. It is used to help remove the bacteria and toxins from your mouth and promote healthy teeth and gums. Your oral health is important because your teeth are connected to your organs and helps with overall health. Don’t worry I will talk more about that in another article. Back to oil pulling, it’s involves swishing around oil in your mouth for a certain amount of time.
There are many different oils you can use. The most common oils are coconut, sesame and olive oil. Coconut oil is my favorite because of its antimicrobial and anti fungal properties.
Benefits of oil pulling:
- Helps with bad breath
- Whitens teeth
- Heals bleeding gums
- Reduce heart disease
- Reduce headaches, insomnia, PMS
- Reduce acne
- Prevent cavities
- Prevent a host of chronic diseases
* This article contains affiliate links for your convenience.
- Coconut oil
- You can also use sesame oil or olive oil
Oil Pulling Regimen:
- Start first thing in the morning after waking up before you brush your teeth or eat anything.
- Take 1 teaspoon of your choice oil and swish in your mouth for 10-20 minutes. DO NOT SWALLOW or GARGLE!!!
- Spit the oil out in the trash because it will be filled with lots of yucky bacteria.
- Rinse your mouth with water.
- Brush your teeth as normal. That’s it!!! Easy peasy right.
Tips for oil pulling
- Try doing it when you in the shower or some other task to make the time go by faster.
- If your mouth gets tired, take a small break then continue swishing.
- Melt coconut oil before using.
- Use less oil if you seem like it’s too much.
Try oil pulling daily for 1 month and see if you notice any changes!!! Will you try it???